Explorations Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a sub-acute program for children and adolescents with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment. The community-based program operates with a maximum of 30 students for a 10 to 20 week anticipated length of stay. The program focuses on stabilizing the student’s emotions and teaching the students acceptable behavior in order to transition back to the least restrictive environment with appropriate services in place.
The program is housed in an alternative school, providing an opportunity for students to receive behavioral health treatment in a school setting. It serves as a transition into a less restrictive school setting before the student returns to their home school district.
ExplorationsPHP has a minimum of three hours per day of behavioral health treatment and up to two hours per day of education based on the individual needs of the student. The program strives to equip each student with the skills needed to succeed at home, in school and in the community.
What Services are Provided?
- Individual therapy
- Treatment Planning
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy approach
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and family support group
- Social skills and anger management
- Art and music therapy
- Behavior management system
- Modified curriculum for individualized educational plans (IEP)
- Pennsylvania state standards requirements
ExplorationsPHP partial hospitalization services are available to adolescents ages 11 through 18 years of age who reside in Montgomery County, Pa and who have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder.
Who provides the services?
Services are provided by the following professionals:
- Director of Treatment
- Child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Mental health professional
- Mental health worker
- Pennsylvania state certified special education teacher